Ratatuille

Rataluille. Portfolio task: Level A1


Topic/Task: Food in films: Ratatuille.

Portfolio task: Level A1
You will evaluate your linguistic competence in a skill: listening.
The specific learning goals you have to get are: Understanding some words and phrases in a film.

General descriptor A1
I can understand familiar words and very basic phrases concerning myself, my family and 
immediate concrete surroundings when people speak slowly and clearly.


Specific descriptor:

Provided they speak very slowly and clearly and I can ask for repetition...

I can understand some words and phrases in songs I hear on the radio or TV.

I can understand common words in a film when I get help to focus on the answer.



                                                                 Ratatuille.




Click here for the activities :

Before watching activities

While watching activities



After watching activities

 This is Ratatouille’s ratatouille. The recipe.


            
The title refers to a French dish (ratatouille) which is served in the film, and is also a play on words about the species of the main character. 
This famous Provençal vegetable stew is best made in the autumn when the vegetables needed for it are cheap and plentiful. 



Activity
  1. Look at the ingredients  and say how many of them you usually eat.





Answers to all the activities:

  1. What kind of animal is he? A rat
  2. What kind of gift does the rat have? A great sense of taste and smell

  1. What does the big dirty rat call Ratatuille when he says he wants to eat good food? Picky
A picky eater is a person who chooses not to  eat certain foods because of their likes or dislikes of certain foods for certain reasons, for example if my grandmother made a thanksgiving meal, a picky eater like myself would only eat turkey mashed potatoes and rolls

  1. How did the mushroom burn? A lightening
  2. What spice is he looking for in the kitchen? Saffron
  3. Where is the best food in the world made? In which country and city? France and Paris

  1. What is the title of the book that the chef Cousteau wrote? Anyone can cook
  2. Which one is the chef in Cousteau´s restaurant? Chef
  3. What does he do?
  4. What are Linguini´s tasks? Take out the garbage, tidy
  5. What does the letter reveal? That Cousteau  was Linguini´s father
  6. Write the way Linguine says thank you to the girl. Thank you for all the advice about cooking

  1. What does the girl say? Thank you for taking it.
  2. What is the word the uses for cheers? drink a toast
  3. Does the critic like Linguini´s meal? Yes , he does



Evaluation


CRITERIA
ME
MY TEACHER
Skills: Listening
I can
Not yet
My aims
ok
Not yet
Aims
I can understand some words and phrases in songs I hear on the radio or TV.






I can understand common words in a film when I get help to focus on the answer.








By María Caballero Cobos

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario